Nova Scotia Provincial Nominee Program
Nova Scotia – New Scotland in Latin – is an island province in Canada’s eastern peninsula. The province is a piece of land interrupting 4 major bodies of water: the Atlantic Ocean to the east, the Bay of Fundy to the west, the Gulf of St. Lawrence to the north and the Gulf of Maine to the south.
English is the dominant language in the province, with an overwhelming majority of 93% English speakers.
The province’s main industries are aerospace technology, military, film, tourism, fishing and communication technology. The province is also the largest exporter of Christmas trees, lobster, gypsum and wild berries. Nova Scotia exports to 90 countries around the world for a value of over 1 billion USD.
Nova Scotia In-Demand Professions
- Financial Auditors and Accountants
- Other financial officers
- Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations
- Administrative assistants
- Accounting technicians and bookkeepers
- Civil Engineers
- Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
- Licensed practical nurses
- College and other vocational instructors
- Paralegal and related occupations
- Social and community service workers