This program is for anyone who wishes to be self-employed in Canada – as an artist, or an athlete. To be eligible you will need a business plan as well as relevant experience in cultural or athletic activities and an ability to contribute to Canada’s athletic or cultural world.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as an athlete or an artist, including participation in artistic or athletic activities on a world – class level.
- Proof of funds verifying your ability to support yourself and your family once you settle in Canada.
- Ability and desire to create a successful business.
Other elements that contribute to the final decision are language proficiency (English or French), work experience, age, education level and the ability to adjust to life in Canada.
This program also requires a medical examination and a background check for the candidates and their families.
Quebec Self-Employed Program
Aside from the general Self-employed program there is another program which is unique to the province of Quebec.
This program is designed to attract candidates who wish to be self-employed in Quebec in their field of expertise.
The requirements are:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in the field you intend to pursue in Quebec.
- A minimum net worth of 100,000 CAD. Your spouse’s assets can be factored in.
- Ability and desire to create a successful business in Quebec.